What is license category A?

A. Holders of a Category A licence are allowed to drive any bike of any sized engine. The licence is only available to riders aged 24 and over, or 21 and over if you’ve held an A2 licence for two years. You need to have completed your compulsory basic training (CBT) and passed a theory and practical test.

What is the difference between A and A1 licence?

Code A1: This is for a motor cycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine not exceeding 125 cc. You must be at least 17 years old on the date of the test. Code A: This is for a motor cycle with or without a sidecar and with an engine that exceeds 125 cc.

What is a Class A licence NZ?

A holder of a Class 1 learner or restricted licence can drive: Any vehicle with a gross laden weight (GLW) or gross combined weight (GCW) of not more than 4500kg, including tractors and combination vehicles (i.e. a vehicle towing a trailer), but doesn’t include motorbikes (see class 6, below)

What is a Class 1 NZ drivers licence?

Class 1 – car licence a motorhome or tradesperson’s vehicle with a GLW of not more than 6000kg and an on-road weight not exceeding 4500kg. A holder of a Class 1 restricted licence can also drive: • an agricultural tractor that has a GLW of not more than. 18,000kg, or a combination vehicle (consisting of an.

What is an A1 and A2 licence?

A1 licence (allowing you to ride a 125cc bike) if you are 17 or over. A2 licence (limiting you to a maximum bhp of 47) if you are 19 and over. A licence (allowing you to ride any bike of any sized engine) if you are 21 and have held your A2 licence for two years or more.

What class is a full license?

If it is a Full licence (class 1 or 6) it can cost approximately $110. For full pricing please see the nzta.gov.nz website.

What are the classes of driving licence?

any vehicle classified under categories Cl, C, CE, D, Dl, D2, D3 and licensed as ECI, EC, ECE, ED, ED1, ED2 AND ECD 3 respectively. Enables one to drive a vehicle depending on the category the PWD is trained on.

What is a Class 2 license NZ?

The Class 2 licence course covers a Heavy Rigid Vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of between 6,000kg to 18,000 kg or combination vehicle Gross Combination Mass (GCM) of between 6,000 kg to 12,000 kg.

What is motorcycle category A?

Category A1 (small motorcycles up to 11kw – 125cc) Category A1 covers small motorcycles with: a cylinder capacity not more than 125cc. power output not more than 11kW and a power/ weight ratio not exceeding 0.1kW/ kg.

What is an A motorcycle licence?

The A licence is the top level of licence, and it allows you to ride motorcycles or scooters of any power. The A licence allows you to ride motorcycles or scooters of any power, with or without a sidecar and a passenger. With the A licence, you can also ride motor tricycles with a power output of over 15KW.

Is an A1 a full licence?

What can I ride with a full A1 licence? An A1 licence allows riders aged 17 and over to: Ride a light motorcycle up to 11 kW (and a power-to-weight ratio not more than 0.1kW per kg) and 125 cc (rough top speed of 60mph) Ride without L-plates.

Can you go straight to A1?

You can ride more powerful bikes and, if after two years you’re not yet 24, you can go straight to your Unrestricted A licence. If you are 24 then there’s no need to take any practical test but the Unrestricted A licence. If you want to ride the fastest bikes, this is the one for you.

Can you go straight to full license NZ?

If you have completed an advanced driving course, then you must have held your restricted licence for at least 12 months before you can get your full licence. If you have not completed a course, then you must have held your restricted licence for at least 18 months.

What is a Class 3 licence NZ?

Class 3 is the medium combination vehicle licence. A holder of a Class 3 Learner or Full licence can drive: a combination vehicle with a gross combination weight (GCW) of more than 12,000kg but less than 25,001kg. a vehicle covered in classes 1 and 2.

How do I get a Class 3 license in NZ?

Class 3 Licence Pre-requisites

  1. You must have held a Class 2 licence for at least 6 months (or 3 months if you are over 25).
  2. You’ll need to get a medical certificate (unless you have presented one to the NZTA in the last 5 years).
  3. You’ll need to have a current Class 3 Learner Licence. ( Available from AA, VTNZ or VINZ)

How do I get a full driver licence in NZ?

The first stage on the journey to a full driver licence is to pass a learner licence test on the NZ road code. You need to be 16 or older when you sit the learner licence test. You do the test on a computer at an AA Centre. The test has 35 multi-choice questions. If you answer at least 32 correctly, you pass.

How can the AA help with your driver licensing needs?

We can help with all your driver licensing needs. The AA is contracted to the NZ Transport Agency to provide driver licensing products and services in New Zealand. We can also help you apply for an International Driver Permit if you need to drive overseas.

How do I contact the NZTA driver licensing helpline?

If you have questions about driver licensing rules or restrictions, please call the NZTA Driver Licensing helpline on 0800 822 422.

How do I replace a lost or stolen New Zealand driver licence?

Replace a lost or stolen driver licence. Go to your nearest AA Centre, AA Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agent or Rural Mobile Unit to replace your driver licence. You’ll need to: Bring your current NZ passport or evidence of your identity, e.g. full birth certificate. Pay the replacement driver licence fee.