What are the best ways to design REST API?
REST API Design Best Practices
- Use JSON as the Format for Sending and Receiving Data.
- Use Nouns Instead of Verbs in Endpoints.
- Name Collections with Plural Nouns.
- Use Status Codes in Error Handling.
- Use Nesting on Endpoints to Show Relationships.
- Use Filtering, Sorting, and Pagination to Retrieve the Data Requested.
How can we create REST web service using Salesforce?
Making your Apex class available as a REST web service is straightforward. Define your class as global, and define methods as global static. Add annotations to the class and methods. For example, this sample Apex REST class uses one method.
What is a good API design?
In general, an effective API design will have the following characteristics: Easy to read and work with: A well designed API will be easy to work with, and its resources and associated operations can quickly be memorized by developers who work with it constantly.
What a good API looks like?
A good API thinks through its developer experience, providing complete, accurate, and easy-to-digest documentation. It also helps its developers by thinking through common use cases, the sort of things the real user of the API will want.
How do I know a good API?
To spot a great API, the design must be a first-order consideration. The API user experience is a primary & critical feature because an optimal design is what will enable application developers to easily understand the purpose and functionality of an API for them to effectively interact with it.
When designing an API What are the primary considerations?
So with that said, let’s proceed and talk about the 5 Golden Rules for Designing a Great Web API, namely:
- Stability and Consistency.
- Ease of Adoption.
What is the best framework to build REST API?
Top 15 Python REST API Frameworks in 2022
Is Python good for REST API?
Python is the top choice for any first-time programmer. Since its release in 1991, Python has evolved and powered by several frameworks for web application development, scientific and mathematical computing, and graphical user interfaces to the latest REST API frameworks.
How do you build Apex REST callouts?
How to create a callout in apex?
- Step 1: Navigation. Open developer console in Salesforce org – click file – new – apex class.
- Step 2: Write Apex Class with Callout. Sample callout calling exchangerates API through Apex Rest API callout.
- Step 3: Adding Remote Site Settings.
- Step 4: Test your Salesforce Rest API Callout code.
What is Apex REST API in Salesforce?
Understanding Salesforce Apex REST API Third-party services/applications that are external to Salesforce.com can use the Apex REST API to connect to Salesforce and retrieve data (records, field values), or to update data on a client’s Salesforce.com account.
What are the qualities and design principles you look for in an API?
We believe APIs should be minimal and complete, have clear and simple semantics, be intuitive, be easy to memorize, and lead to readable code.”
How can I improve my API?
5 Ways on How to Improve Your API’s Performance [Guest Post]
- Think Ahead about the Things That Slow APIs Down.
- Build Your API for High Performance on a Comprehensive Design Tool.
- Use a More Lightweight Format for Storing and Transporting API Data.
- Take Advantage of Caches.
- Make Good Use of Asynchronous Methods.
How do you make better APIs Bluethl?
All tips are language-agnostic, so they apply to any framework or technology.
- Be consistent.
- Use ISO 8601 UTC dates.
- Make an exception for public endpoints.
- Provide a health check endpoint.
- Version the API.
- Accept API key authentication.
- Use reasonable HTTP status codes.
- Use reasonable HTTP methods.
What is good API design?
What is the most popular for REST API?
According to creativebloq, these are the best 15 APIs out there:
- Google Maps.
- Google Maps Geocoding API.
- IBM Watson.
- Amazon S3. Dropbox.
What API used in Apex?
Required Editions and User Permissions
|Apex REST API||REST||Synchronous|
|Apex SOAP API||SOAP (WSDL)||Synchronous|
|Analytics REST API||REST||Synchronous|
|User Interface API||REST||Synchronous|