How do you troubleshoot a remote starter?
If your remote starter system isn’t working properly, try replacing the battery in your fob. You can find replacement key fob batteries at Batteries Plus. Most remote starter fobs run on 2032 lithium coin cell batteries. This one may seem obvious, but if your vehicle is not in “Park” your remote starter will not work.
How do I connect my Viper remote to my car?
Use the vehicle key in the ignition and turn it to the on position. Find the antennae button. Press and release the button, then hold it. Press lock when ready to begin pairing.
How do you program a Viper car starter?
Viper Support Center
- Leave the vehicle door open while pairing.
- Use the vehicle key in the ignition and turn it to the on position.
- Find the antennae button.
- Press and release the button, then hold it.
- Press lock when ready to begin pairing.
- The final step is to test the setup is working properly.
How do I turn off autostart valet mode?
How to Exit Valet Mode
- Insert your vehicle’s key into the ignition and turn to the “ON/RUN” position. Do not crank the engine.
- Press and release the LOCK and TRUNK buttons (I & III) simultaneously.
- Remove the key from the ignition and attempt to remote start your vehicle.
How do I know if my Viper remote start is valet mode?
This method has you open the driver door, then press the lock button, immediately followed by the unlock button, immediately followed by the lock button again. The LED will illuminate solid to indicate the vehicle is in valet mode. To exit this mode, simply repeat the process.
What is valet mode on Viper remote start?
Valet mode is a setting in Firstech systems that will shut down the alarm system and the remote starter. It will only allow the remotes to retain key-less entry to be used to lock and unlock the doors.